The following conditions apply to the use of the teach4life forum of the International Centre for STEM Education (hereinafter referred to as "provider").
The operator of the platform is the University of Education Freiburg (hereinafter referred to as "operator"). Users are private individuals (hereinafter referred to as "user").
1. Our forum can be read without the need to register. If you want to actively participate in the forum, you must register by providing your email address, first and last name and your freely selectable user name. Prerequisite for the participatory use of the forum is the registration via the corresponding online form. After registering via the online form in the forum, you will receive a confirmation email to verify your data, with which you can confirm your registration by mouse click. With the activation of your account by the provider, the free forum usage contract comes into effect (conclusion of the contract).
2. The subject of the contract is the free use of the forum’s functions as an online communication platform. For this purpose, you as a user will be provided with an "account" with which you can post contributions and topics on the platform.
3. There is no legal claim to activation or participation in the forum. The unrestricted domiciliary rights of the operator shall apply.
4. Your forum account may only be used by yourself. As the owner of the account, you are also responsible for protecting it against misuse. Your access data must therefore be protected from access by third parties. The use of trademarked words or trademarked internet addresses as user names (nicknames) is not permitted.
5. The provider will make every effort to offer the service as uninterruptedly as possible. Even with all due care downtimes, in which the web server cannot be accessed via the Internet due to technical or other problems beyond the control of the provider (fault of third parties, force majeure, attacks against the infrastructure by hackers, etc.), cannot be ruled out. The user acknowledges that a 100% availability of the website is technically not possible.
6. The provider reserves the right to change and expand the content and structure of the platform as well as the associated user interfaces or to move the entire forum to another domain, if this does not or only insignificantly affect the purpose of the contract concluded with the user. The provider will inform the users accordingly about the changes.
7. The purpose of the forum is a "market of opinions" directed at the public. Therefore, a peaceful and respectful interaction among the users without insulting hostilities shall be cultivated.
1. As a user, you agree that you will not publish any contributions that violate these rules, morality or otherwise violate applicable German law. In particular, you are prohibited from
2. As a user, you undertake to check your posts and topics before publishing them to see whether they contain information that you do not wish to publish. Your contributions and topics can be recorded in search engines and thus become accessible worldwide. A claim for deletion or correction of such search engine entries against the provider is excluded.
3. In the event of a violation, in particular of the aforementioned rules § 3 subparagraphs 1 and 2, the provider may also impose the following sanctions on the user, irrespective of termination:
4. If third parties or other users make claims against the provider for possible legal violations that a) result from the content posted by you as a user and/or b) result from the use of the provider's services by you as a user, you as a user agree to indemnify the provider against any claims, including claims for damages, and to reimburse the provider for the costs incurred by the provider due to the possible legal violation. In particular, the provider shall be exempted from the costs of necessary legal defence. The provider is entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment from you as the user. As a user, you are obligated to support the provider in good faith with information and documents in the legal defence against third parties. All further rights and claims for damages of the provider remain unaffected. If you as a user are not responsible for the possible infringement, the aforementioned obligations do not apply.
1. The copyright for your topics and contributions, insofar as they are copyrightable, remains with you as the user. However, by posting a topic or contribution, you grant the provider the right to keep the topic or contribution permanently on its websites. In addition, the provider has the right to delete, edit, move or close your topics and posts.
2. The aforementioned rights of use shall remain in force even in the event of termination of the forum account.
1. The provider of the forum assumes no liability for the content posted in the forum, in particular for its accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
2. The provider is liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for breach of a material contractual obligation. Material contractual obligations are those whose fulfilment makes the proper execution of the contract possible in the first place and on whose compliance the contractual partner may regularly rely. The provider shall be liable, subject to limitation, for compensation for typical contractual damage foreseeable at the time of conclusion of the contract for such damage caused by a slightly negligent breach of material contractual obligations by him or one of his legal representatives or vicarious agents. The provider shall not be liable in the event of a slightly negligent breach of secondary obligations that are not essential contractual obligations. Liability for damages that fall within the scope of protection of a guarantee or warranty given by the provider as well as liability for claims based on the Product Liability Act and damages arising from injury to life, limb or health shall remain unaffected.
1. This Agreement shall be concluded for an indefinite period.
2. Both parties may terminate this agreement without adherence to a time limit.
3. If the user deletes his/her account or has it deleted (termination of the contract), his/her public statements, in particular contributions in the forum, will remain visible to all readers, but the account will no longer be accessible and the username will remain visible in the forum. All other data will be deleted. If the user wishes his or her public contributions to be deleted as well, he or she should inform the provider of this when requesting deletion.